יום ראשון, 1 באפריל 2012

I just spent an hour with Eden in the park.  She was the youngest person playing there, but she was having as good a time as any.  there were a few children who were digging a canal from the base of a water fountain towards the grass next to it.  they were even happier than they were muddy.  None of this interested Eden as much as the little sticks and leaves that she could put in her mouth.
As the Fow Ti says:
"Interest is only a function of perception"

And so it is.  I find this true in terms of Pesach cleaning as well.
Also - I really love Pesach cleaning - its a time where I get to check in with every object I own.

When I was finishing the dishes before Shabbat, and there were 10 minutes until candel lighting, and I still hadn't taken a shower I was feeling the Pre-Shabbos stress.  And I realized that I would work just as fast, if not faster, if I wasn't focusing energy on rushing.  It helped a little, but I was still stressed.  I have calmed down since then.  We had a very nice shabbat.  And now I will try to remember that this week too as I clean up for Pesach.
There is external cleaning, and internal cleaning - getting rid of the physical bread as well as the over-inflated characteristics and habits I have picked up over the years.
I still haven't found a nice bottle of Extra Concentrated Wipe N' Clean for the soul...

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה